You are here
Rick Steves Florence & Tuscany (Rick Steves Travel Guide) (Paperback)
In Stock, Click Title for Location
Walk in the footsteps of the Medici, sip aperitivi, and discover the cultural heart of Italy: with Rick Steves, Tuscany is yours to discover. Inside Rick Steves Florence & Tuscany you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring Florence and Tuscany
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the Uffizi Gallery and the Duomo to a 600-year-old perfumery
- How to connect with local culture: Listen to a street musician's serenade on the Ponte Vecchio, stroll through a morning market sampling freshly-made pasta, and sip full-bodied wines with Montalcino locals at a corner enoteca
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a glass of Chianti
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and incredible museums
- Detailed maps for exploring on the go, including driving tours through the heart of Tuscany and Brunello wine country
- Useful resources including a packing list, Italian phrase book, historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 400 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Volterra, San Gimignano, Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Cortona, and more
Spending less than a week exploring Florence? Try Rick Steves Pocket Florence.
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle). When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie. Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook.
Connect with Rick:
Gene Openshaw has co-authored a dozen Rick Steves books, specializing in writing walks and tours of Europe's cities, museums, and cultural sites. He also contributes to Rick's public television series, produces tours for Rick Steves Audio Europe, and is a regular guest on Rick's public radio show. Outside of the travel world, Gene has co-authored The Seattle Joke Book. As a composer, Gene has written a full-length opera called Matter, a violin sonata, and dozens of songs. He lives near Seattle with his daughter, enjoys giving presentations on art and history, and roots for the Mariners in good times and bad.
Coming Events - Lively Times At All Three Stores
06/03/2022 - 6:00pm
06/04/2022 - 11:00am
06/04/2022 - 2:00pm
06/04/2022 - 2:00pm
06/04/2022 - 2:00pm to 4:00pm
06/11/2022 - 11:00am
06/11/2022 - 4:00pm
06/12/2022 - 4:00pm
06/18/2022 - 11:00am
06/18/2022 - 2:00pm
Sign up for our emails
Enter your email address here to sign up for our occasional emails and you will automatically receive a 20% off coupon you can use on your next visit to one of our stores.