You are here
Moon Chile: With Rapa Nui (Easter Island) (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
In Stock, Click Title for Location
Snow-covered mountains, bustling cities, temperate rainforests, and coastal wineries: get to know this country of contrasts with Moon Chile. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries, from two days in Santiago to the two-week best of Chile, including a road trip along the Carretera Austral
- Strategic advice for outdoor adventurers, backpackers, culture and history buffs, foodies, and more
- Outdoor adventures: Race down the ski slopes of the Andes, summit active volcanoes, or catch a thrill whitewater rafting down Río Futaleufú. Spend the night star-gazing in the Atacama Desert or wander the enigmatic Rapa Nui (Easter Island). Hike through Patagonia's wild national parks and spot wild foxes and Humboldt penguins
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps marked with duration, elevation change, and difficulty level
- Local flavors and culture: Explore the trendy restaurants and vibrant nightlife of Santiago or savor the catch of the day at a tiny seaside restaurant. Sip your way through the vineyards of the Casablanca Valley, sample locally-made pisco, or let loose with a terremoto cocktail. Get to know Chile's rich culture and history while strolling through charming historic quarters and visiting UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Insider recommendations from seasoned explorer and Chile expert Steph Dyson on when to go, where to eat, how to get around, and where to stay
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Reliable background information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and history
- Handy tips for families, seniors, students, and travelers with disabilities
Exploring more of South America? Try Moon Patagonia or Moon Machu Picchu.
About the Author
From hitchhiking along the Carretera Austral to sailing to the very ends of the earth in Tierra del Fuego, Steph Dyson has made it her mission to explore every nook and cranny of the thin, sinewy country that is Chile.
Arriving in Chile in 2016 after a year and a half of exploring South America, Steph discovered that Patagonia, despite its sheer mountains, plunging river valleys, and glaciers, felt a bit like home back in the UK (it was raining, mostly). Further north and able to recognize a good thing when she found it, including a city brimming with book shops and wine bars, she swapped her rucksack and hiking boots for a flat in Santiago, where she continues her love affair with the country.
A full-time freelance travel writer, blogger and former high school English teacher from Bath, UK, she's lived in three countries in South America and written about many more. A member of the British Guild of Travel Writers, she has published articles both online and in print for various regional and international outlets. Inexhaustibly itinerant, she spends most of her time on the road somewhere in South America, writing about her adventures on her travel blog, Worldly Adventurer.
Coming Events - Lively Times At All Three Stores
12/01/2021 - 6:00pm
12/04/2021 - 12:00pm
12/04/2021 - 4:00pm
Nashua - In store event with Damien Kane Ridgen discussing his books, Bell's Codex and My Magnum Opus12/05/2021 - 12:00pm
12/05/2021 - 2:00pm
12/09/2021 - 6:00pm
12/11/2021 - 2:00pm
12/11/2021 - 2:00pm
12/11/2021 - 4:00pm
12/15/2021 - 6:00pm
Sign up for our emails
Enter your email address here to sign up for our occasional emails and you will automatically receive a 20% off coupon you can use on your next visit to one of our stores.