You are here
Moon Havana (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
In Stock, Click Title for Location
Moon Travel Guides: Your World, Your Way
Enchanting music, incredible cuisine, and stunning colonial architecture: Havana's beauty and charm captivate everyone who visits. Dive in with Moon Havana.
- Easy-to-use itineraries, from a revolutionary history tour to a week covering cars, cigars, and cabarets, tailored for adventurers, party animals, artists, beach bums, history buffs, and more
- Activities and unique ideas for every traveler: Stroll through Habana Vieja and admire the old-world architecture and plazas lit by gas lanterns. Savor delectable criollo cuisine, indulge in the world's finest cigars, or sip mojitos and cuba libres made from the best Cuban rum. Visit the Museo de la Revolución for a taste of history, or discover the ins and outs of Cuba's nightlife, from salsa dancing to LGBT hotspots. And, don't miss Havana's incredible performance scene: Pick from Rat-Pack-style lounges, Afro-Cuban beats, classical music, Cuban ballet and more
- Honest advice from award-winning travel writer Christopher P. Baker on the country he has studied for decades
- Full-color photos and detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
- Background information on the landscape, history, government, and culture, including a Spanish phrasebook
- A comprehensive guide to travel laws, visas and officialdom, and health and safety tips
- Essential insight for travelers on transportation and accommodations, packaged in a book light enough to fit in your carry-on
Island-hopping around the Caribbean? Try Moon Aruba or Moon Jamaica.
About the Author
Christopher P. Baker was born and raised in Yorkshire, England. He received a BA in geography from University College, London, and masters degrees in Latin American studies from Liverpool University and in education from the Institute of Education, London University.
He began his writing career in 1978 as a contributing editor on Latin America for Land & Liberty, a London-based political journal. In 1980, he received a Scripps-Howard Foundation Scholarship in Journalism to attend the University of California, Berkeley.
Since 1983, Christopher-the 2008 Lowell Thomas Travel Journalist of the Year-has made his living as a professional travel writer, photographer, lecturer, and tour guide. He specializes in Cuba, about which he has written six books. He has contributed to more than 150 publications worldwide, including CNN Travel, National Geographic Traveler, Robb Report, and The Los Angeles Times. Christopher has been profiled in USA Today, appears frequently on radio and television talk shows and as a guest-lecturer aboard cruise ships, and has spoken at the National Press Club, World Affairs Council, and on National Geographic Live. He is a National Geographic Resident Expert and conducts tours of Cuba, Colombia, and Costa Rica and Panama for National Geographic Expeditions, among other leading tour companies. He also leads his own motorcycle tours of Cuba for U.S. citizens (www.cubamotorcycletours.com).
His many other books include Moon Costa Rica, Mi Moto Fidel: Motorcycling Through Castro's Cuba, and Cuba Classics: A Celebration of Vintage American Automobiles.
Coming Events - Lively Times At All Three Stores
Nashua - In store event with Damien Kane Ridgen discussing his books, Bell's Codex and My Magnum Opus12/05/2021 - 12:00pm
12/05/2021 - 2:00pm
12/09/2021 - 6:00pm
12/11/2021 - 2:00pm
12/11/2021 - 2:00pm
12/11/2021 - 4:00pm
12/12/2021 - 2:00pm
12/15/2021 - 6:00pm
12/29/2021 - 6:00pm
Sign up for our emails
Enter your email address here to sign up for our occasional emails and you will automatically receive a 20% off coupon you can use on your next visit to one of our stores.