You are here
The Geometry of Holding Hands: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (13) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #13) (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 13 in the Isabel Dalhousie Series series.
- #1: The Sunday Philosophy Club (Isabel Dalhousie Series #1) (Paperback): $15.95
- #2: Friends, Lovers, Chocolate (Isabel Dalhousie Series #2) (Paperback): $15.00
- #3: The Right Attitude to Rain (Isabel Dalhousie Series #3) (Paperback): $15.00
- #4: The Careful Use of Compliments (Isabel Dalhousie Series #4) (Paperback): $15.00
- #5: The Comforts of a Muddy Saturday (Isabel Dalhousie Series #5) (Paperback): $15.95
- #6: The Lost Art of Gratitude (Isabel Dalhousie Series #6) (Paperback): $14.95
- #7: The Charming Quirks of Others (Isabel Dalhousie Series #7) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #8: The Forgotten Affairs of Youth (Isabel Dalhousie Series #8) (Paperback): $14.95
- #9: The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds (Isabel Dalhousie Series #9) (Paperback): $14.95
- #10: The Novel Habits of Happiness (Isabel Dalhousie Series #10) (Paperback): $15.00
- #11: A Distant View of Everything: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (11) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #11) (Paperback): $15.00
- #12: The Quiet Side of Passion: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (12) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #12) (Paperback): $15.95
Isabel finds herself entangled in some tricky familial and financial situations that will require all of her kindness, charm, and philosophical expertise to navigate.
Just when Isabel and Jamie finally seem to have some time to connect and unwind, a wealthy Edinburgh resident reaches out to Isabel with an unusual request—he would like her to become the executor of his large Highland estate. Though Isabel initially demurs, he presses on. He has only a short time to live, and, without any direct heirs, is struggling to determine which of his three cousins would be the best caretaker. Should it go to the bohemian artist, the savvy city property developer, or the quiet, unassuming bachelor?
As if this weren’t enough to keep Isabel occupied, she’s also spending more time helping her niece Cat at the deli. Cat, perennially unlucky in love, seems to have finally found her match in the leonine Leo. But Isabel is beginning to suspect that Leo might be interested in more than Cat’s charms, namely her access to the family trust. Isabel will need to rely upon remarkable reserves of intelligence and compassion in order to give all parties exactly what they want and deserve—no more, and no less.
About the Author
ALEXANDER McCALL SMITH is the author of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency novels and of a number of other series and stand-alone books. His works have been translated into more than forty languages and have been best sellers throughout the world. He lives in Scotland.
Coming Events - Lively Times At All Three Stores
Sign up for our emails
Enter your email address here to sign up for our occasional emails and you will automatically receive a 20% off coupon you can use on your next visit to one of our stores.