You are here
Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 13 in the Calvin and Hobbes series.
- #1: Calvin and Hobbes (Paperback): $14.99
- #2: The Essential Calvin and Hobbes (Paperback): $18.99
- #3: Something Under the Bed Is Drooling: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $14.99
- #4: The Calvin and Hobbes Lazy Sunday Book (Paperback): $16.99
- #5: Yukon Ho!: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $14.99
- #6: The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes: A Calvin And Hobbes Treasury (Paperback): $18.99
- #7: Weirdos from Another Planet!: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $14.99
- #8: The Revenge of the Baby-Sat: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $14.99
- #9: Scientific Progress Goes Boink: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $14.99
- #10: Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $14.99
- #11: The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes (Paperback): $18.99
- #12: The Days Are Just Packed (Calvin and Hobbes #12) (Paperback): $18.99
- #14: The Calvin and Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book (Paperback): $18.99
- #15: There's Treasure Everywhere: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Paperback): $18.99
- #16: It's a Magical World (Calvin and Hobbes #16) (Paperback): $19.99
Calvin and Hobbes are at it again, and this time, our irrepressible friends are taking a walk on the wild side.
Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat chronicles another segment of the multifarious adventures of this wild child and his faithful, but skeptical, friend. If the best cartoons compel readers to identify themselves within the funny frames, then all who enjoy Calvin and Hobbes are creative, imaginative, and ... bad, bad, bad!
Calvin, the irascible little boy with the stuffed tiger who comes to life are a pair bound for trouble. Boring school lessons become occasions for death-defying alien air battles, speeding snow sled descents elicit philosophical discussions on the meaning of life, and Hobbes's natural inclination to pounce on his little friend wreaks havoc on Calvin's sense of security.
Calvin's the kid we all wish we'd been. Sassy, imaginative, far more verbal than his parents can manage, Calvin is the quintessential bad boy—and the boy we love to see. He terrorizes little Susie, offers "Candid Opinions" from a neighborhood stand, and questions his parents' authority. "What assurance do I have that your parenting isn't screwing me up?" he demands.
Calvin and Hobbes manages to say what needs to be said about childhood and life: "Eww, mud," says Calvin. "Look at this gooshy, dirty, slimy, thick, wet mud ... Bleecch ... Talk about a kid magnet!"
About the Author
Bill Watterson is the creator of Calvin and Hobbes, one of the most popular and well-regarded cartoon strips of the twentieth century. Calvin and Hobbes appeared in newspapers from November 1985 until Watterson's retirement in 1995.
Coming Events - Lively Times At All Three Stores
12/03/2022 - 1:00pm to 4:00pm
12/03/2022 - 2:00pm
12/04/2022 - 2:00pm
12/10/2022 - 2:00pm
12/11/2022 - 1:00pm
Sign up for our emails
Enter your email address here to sign up for our occasional emails and you will automatically receive a 20% off coupon you can use on your next visit to one of our stores.