You are here
The European World 1500-1800: An Introduction to Early Modern History (Paperback)
The European World 1500-1800 provides a concise and authoritative textbook for the centuries between the Renaissance and the French Revolution. It presents early modern Europe not as a mere transition phase, but a dynamic period worth studying in its own right.
Written by an experienced team of specialists, and derived from a successful undergraduate course, it offers a student-friendly introduction to all major themes and processes of early modern history. This fully updated fourth edition is structured in six parts - Starting Points, Society and Economy, Religion, The Wider World, Culture, Politics, Epilogue - and includes two new chapters on the Environment and Food and Drink Cultures.
Specially designed to assist learning, The European World 1500-1800 features:
- expert surveys of key topics written by an international group of historians
- suggestions for seminar discussion and further reading
- extracts from primary sources and generous illustrations, including maps
- a glossary of key terms and concepts
- a full index of persons, places and subjects
- and a companion website, offering colour images, direct access to primary materials, and interactive features which highlight key events and locations discussed in the volume.
The European World 1500-1800 is essential reading for all students embarking on the discovery of the early modern period.
Coming Events - Lively Times At All Three Stores
10/08/2022 - 11:00am
10/09/2022 - 2:00pm
10/10/2022 - 9:00am to 10/16/2022 - 6:00pm
KEENE ~ David Wedge presents his new book "Riding with Evil: Taking Down the Notorious Pagan Motorcycle Gang"10/14/2022 - 6:00pm
10/15/2022 - 11:00am
10/15/2022 - 11:00am
10/20/2022 - 1:00pm
10/21/2022 - 4:00pm
10/22/2022 - 11:00am
10/22/2022 - 2:00pm
Sign up for our emails
Enter your email address here to sign up for our occasional emails and you will automatically receive a 20% off coupon you can use on your next visit to one of our stores.